JUVEDERM VOLUMA XC
What is Juvéderm Voluma® XC?
Wrinkles and lines aren’t the only signs of aging. Over time, the cheeks flatten, and the skin may begin to sag. This is caused by a natural loss of volume in the cheek area, or what the experts call age-related midface volume loss. Juvederm Voluma® XC is designed to add volume beneath the skin’s surface to lift and contour the cheek area.
Why to use Juvederm Voluma® XC?
Juvederm Voluma® XC? adds volume to correct age-related volume loss in the cheeks to help create a more youthful appearance.
How long will it last?
The only filler proven to last upto 2 years in the cheek area. When treated again after 2 years, patients needed less product to achieve their results.
Are there any reasons why I should not receive any Juvederm Voluma® XC injectable gel formulation?
Do not use these products if you have a history of multiple severe allergies or severe allergic reactions (anaphylaxis), or if you are allergic to lidocaine or the gram-positive bacterial proteins used in these products.
What precautions should my doctor advise me about?
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. The safety of these products for use during pregnancy or while breastfeeding has not been studied
- The safety of Juvederm Voluma® XC in patients under 35 years or over 65 years has not been studied.
- The safety and effectiveness of Juvederm Voluma® XC in areas other than the cheek area have not been established in clinical studies.
- Tell your doctor if you have a history of excessive scarring (eg, hypertrophic scarring and keloid formations) or pigmentation disorders, as use of these products may result in additional scars or changes in pigmentation.
- Patients who experience skin injury near the site of injection with these products may be at a higher risk for side effects
- Tell your doctor if you are planning other laser treatments or a chemical peel, as there is a possible risk of inflammation at the treatment site if these procedures are performed after treatment
- Tell your doctor if you are on immunosuppressive therapy used to decrease the body’s immune response, as use of these products may result in an increased risk of infection.
- Tell your doctor if you are using medications that can prolong bleeding, such as aspirin, ibuprofen, or other blood thinners, as this may result in increased bruising or bleeding at the injection site.
Who makes Juvéderm Voluma® XC?
Juvéderm Voluma® XC is made in the U.S. by Allergan who also is the manufacturer of Botox® Cosmetic and Latisse®.